Our contact details
Name: Facts4Life Limited
Phone Number: 0330 133 8005
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details including email addresses and postal addresses)
- Details of your enquiry
- Training courses and resources you request from us or take part in
- Website user stats
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To contact settings and associated contacts to share details of the training courses we are running and relevant resources we have created
- To optimise our website and provide more relevant content for users
- To further promote the work we do in supporting young people
We use the information that you have given us in order to send details of relevant training courses, correspond with those who have signed up for training and support or enquired about Facts4Life, and to continue to interact with the wider education and medical sectors in our overall aim of providing support services for young people.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
- We keep general contact details for settings and organisations until we are informed that they no longer wish to receive information from us. There is always an option to unsubscribe from communications.
- For individuals who have consented to receive communications from us, this information will be retained until they request to unsubscribe. There is always an option to unsubscribe on each communication sent.
- For individuals who have shared their data with us but have not specifically opted in for marketing purposes, data will be retained for five years after the last contact with them. After this point, data will be anonymised to allow details of historical training attendance figures to be retained for the purposes of reporting to our funding bodies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Policy updated: January 2024