Online Facts4Life Primary ‘Core Resources’ Training for Schools in South Gloucestershire
Over 1,300 teachers from 180 primary schools in Gloucestershire have now undertaken training in Facts4Life’s rich range of resources, which help children to develop resilience and manage their mental and physical health. I’m sure you will agree that this is more important than ever during these challenging times.
We are pleased to now be able to extend our offer of online training to schools in South Gloucestershire:
Date: Monday 30th November 2020
Times: 1:00-2:30pm or 3:30-5:00pm (choose your session)
Trainers: Dr Hugh van’t Hoff, GP & Director and Pete Kirby, Curriculum Developer
Cost: £180 (includes training and access to all Facts4Life resources for 2 years)
£50 for second participant from same school
This invitation is extended to 1-2 teachers from your school. Please book early as numbers will be limited to ensure participants have every opportunity to interact during the training session.
Schools participating in the training will receive:
- an introduction to the Facts4Life approach to health resilience and mental health
- a copy of our teacher’s book full of ideas for the classroom
- a copy of our children’s book ‘This is Fin and Bear’ for use with Early Years and Key Stage 1
- access to our vast range of online materials on health resilience, inc. mental health and RSE, for use in the classroom
- follow up support to introduce Facts4Life in your school
What does Facts4Life do for schools?
- complements key elements of the PSHE curriculum
- helps to create a climate for physical and mental health issues to be addressed
- facilitates openness about safeguarding by promoting coping strategies to manage risk
- promotes good attendance
- encourages participation in physical activity and addresses diet and healthy weight
- supports schools in the Ofsted judgement on Personal Development
“The curriculum and the provider’s wider work supports learners to develop their character – including their resilience, confidence, and independence – and helps them to know how to keep physically and mentally healthy”
To book your place on one of these sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to request a training session for your cluster or part cluster of schools, please do let us know.
Best wishes from
The Facts4Life Team